- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (or 3-4 garlic cloves)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzerlla cheese
- bacon lardons
- Cook the pasta in the water according to package instructions adding 1 tbsp olive oil and salt to the boiling water. When the pasta is cooked to Al Dente, remove from heat and drain. Set aside briefly.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. On medium-high heat, saute the chopped green and red bell peppers and the red onions for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add the garlic and saute for one more minute. Transfer the sauteed vegetables to a plate.
- In the same skillet, on medium-high heat, brown the bacon until completely cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Return the sauteed vegetables back to the skillet; stir to combine. Now stir in the cooked pasta. Turn the heat to medium, tossing together until the pasta is warmed through. Stir in the cheese. Turn the heat off and cover briefly so the cheese melts nicely. Enjoy!